Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First 12 of the Top 36

I dont know about anyone else, but for the most part I was completely underwhelmed last night. They'll be choosing the top girl, top guy and one other to move along to the semi-finals tonight.

There was exactly 2 girls that did well all night long. Alexis Grace sang early in the night but was definitely the one to beat. She's got an awesome bluesy/soulful voice to her and if I end up backing a girl, she'll be one I'll be considering. The other girl...*sigh*...was Tatiana. Ok, there's no denying that the gal can sing....if she'd just keep quiet every other time.


*If* Dial Idol is any indication, Alexis should be a shoe in for the top girl....unless that nefarious site VFTW did it's job, then we'll have Tatiana. Another possibility is Ann Marie who sang an ok, but not great, version of Natural Woman.


The guys were more of a mixed race. There was definitely one that burst forth from the gates and slammed down the gauntlet last night. He closed out the show quite awesomely. That singer would be Danny Gokey. Do I think he'll win, more than likely not as we had a caucasian male winner last year and rarely do we have two race & gender winners back to back. He'll definitely be one to watch though.

Of the other guys....Anoop did very well, but Im not so certain he'll make it through to the next round unless they wild card him. I just dont think America's quite ready for him yet. Then again, I didnt think American was ready for Obama either. Other notable guys that were good, but not great, were Michael Sarver (the oil rig dude that sang I Dont Want to Be by Gavin DeGraw), Ricky Braddy (the guy that sang first with A Song For You), and Brent Keith (the one that had competed in Nashville Star).


According to DI...I see Gokey going through with a possibility of Michael Sarver joining him.

My prediction...Danny, Alexis and either Ann Marie OR Michael Sarver joining them.

Possibly Tatiana as a wild card later.

1 comment:

ChicagoLady said...

Interesting choices. I guess we'll know in about 50 minutes, lol.