Three of the kids were in the green this week, but two of them were still listed with a B3 in the ranking.
Three of them lost states with one of these three losing 2.
VFTW has a new poster child and although I really hate the fact this choice was made, I will agree that according to last night's performance he deserves to be there. ~sigh~
I actually had to listen back this week to make absolutely certain I heard it the way I did because I didn't wanna believe my toes were tapping to the one.....
Author now recommends that the reader sit on the floor with a glass of alcohol and prop themselves up with a few pillows because it's gonna be a rough ride this week.
Styx Picks for the week: (and God help me, I cannot BELIEVE I'm typing some of these)
Joshua: I'll wait for you to pick your jaw up off of the floor. Go ahead, I can wait. Honestly, this was one of his better performances. I actually (you ARE sitting down, right???) listened to it more than once. I had to, just to be sure I heard it right the first few times. I was beginning to think I was overly pickled last night (only one glass, HONEST!) when I found (to my great dismay) that my feet were tapping to this one. For once he didn't overly Joshua-ize it. Yeah, he added a touch of flavor on the end, but it wasn't all the way through like usual. The Chart has him at a 1-4 GREEN, first place listing. His odds dropped this last week in Vegas, but I suspect they'll be on the rise coming out of this week's show. He won 4 states on the Maps. SUTA blast notwithstanding, I have to admit this is one of the better performances of the night and he deserved the praise he got.
Jessica: Although a bit more dramatic than my tastes generally care for, this was my second favorite of the night. I also hate to admit that this one performance was enough to convince me that she has the star power to keep up with the divas of this day and age. Props for not going clear out of character and giggling when she nearly fell. The look on her face was enough to say that she almost did just that. She's probably thanking someone up there for that long hair right now because it gave her just that split moment to compose herself before she looked up. All this said, I still don't much like her and she annoys the crap outta me. Based upon past experience with this show, if this is any indication, she's going to go clear to the Top 4 at least or higher. I still say if the finale comes down between her and Joshua, I won't be watching the final showdown, just the results so I can see my favs sing again. Her's was the first big SUTA blast of the night and it was pretty much deserved *this week*. Her odds have crept up a bit since her last performance. The Chart rates her at a 2-7/B3, listed in 5th. She lost one state but won 5 so the Maps give her a 4 for the week. This may be enough to see her in the B3 this week. If she is, it's just because VFTW has a new poster child and/or she did so well that people forgot to vote for her figuring that she'd be safe.
Elise: She's slowly becoming a favorite of mine. Kinda growing on me, like Haley has. This was a great choice for her and I can't wait to at least hear the studio version. Even though she was in the pimp spot AGAIN this week (she was there just 2 weeks ago!), she had a few things working against her. First, VFTW has a new poster child and it ain't her. They're a bit miffed DeAndre was sent packing last week and I feel that they've decided to knuckle-down and really put the press down on the votes to make sure Idol gets what they got the last few years. They're looking to pick off everyone else in the field, which makes her fodder in their eyes. Second, she had Mother Monster's little monsters to contend with. They're a very vicious bunch and are overly protective of Momma's music. So you can be sure they didn't enjoy that and any that WERE voting for her didn't last night, just to make a point. Third, you can damned well bet she got compared to Haley's performance from last year and that's another group that's fiercely loyal to their gal. I'm really not certain that the pimp spot did her any favors this week. Usually, the one in the pimp spot has really high numbers in all the places I normally look and can be deemed safe. However, we HAVE had the occasional odd year where that hasn't been the case and I'm afraid it might be one of those years. Her odds fell quite a bit this last week, by more than 2000 points. This poor gal simply cannot catch a break and get her footing in regards to her odds. The Chart rates her at a 4-7/B3, with a listing in dead LAST. Not to put any stock in that, but it's been right more often than not this year. She won 4 states but lost 2 this week giving her a 2 on the Maps. Sadly, I won't be surprised to see her in the bottom again and if she is, I doubt they'll use the save because she's been down there far too often to be worth keeping around.
Also worth mentioning:
Skylar: She did well, but it was a rather predictable choice. If she gets through the week, she needs to shake it up a bit. Working against her is that stinkin first spot singing position. Although she's a bit more memorable than a couple of the others, singing first on a 2 hour show definitely didn't do her any favors. Vegas has her odds falling from last week and the Maps only gave her a 2 this week. The Chart rated her 1-4 GREEN/B3, listed in 3rd. As much as I want to call her safe simply for the position she's in the Chart, I have to also acknowledge that there's a B3 mixed in there. DI thinks she's safe but they're hedging their bets.
Who may make a trip to the B3?
Colton: I won't harp that he's at the piano again because my fav's been dragging out his guitar every friggin week now. I will complain about the arrangement. Yes, it's a slow song but damned if this didn't feel like it was dragging. Then there are those high notes that he really doesn't have. Everytime he attempts them, they come off nasally and down right whiny. A second singing position on a night that had Jessica and Joshua following him didn't help matters either. Bland, whiny and just about forgotten by the time the 2nd hour ended. The only thing that would have helped is if VFTW had chosen him as their poster child, but they didn't, they went with the other Caucasian dude. His odds have risen over the week, but I doubt by enough to call him safe. The Maps weren't generous either, only giving him a 1 for the week. On the Chart he was rated a 3-7/B3, listed in 6th. A trip to the B3 would be the kick in the pants he needs to get him to see that he actually NEEDS to be working at this and he really isn't God's gift to the show.
Hollie: She's no P!nk, that's for damned sure (and no, I didn't mistype that, it's how she spells her stage name). Stripped down does not mean to slow the tempo even farther. The judges didn't like her. Listening back, they're right. I'm really surprised her numbers were as good as they were, to be honest. The Chart places her at 1-7/B3 with a 4th place listing. Her odds have dropped (again or still, I can't remember) and with a 5 state win/1 state loss, the Maps have her with a 4. This might be enough to keep her out of the B3, but considering one of the polls I've seen.... it might not.
Skylar, Elise & Jessica: Skylar's only really listed because of that B3 on her rating. I really don't think she'll make an appearance there, but there is that possibility. Both Jessica's and Elise's numbers both dictate that either or both could make that trip to the stools this week. With Elise, this seems to be a common thing and I don't really see the judges using the save. If it's Jessica, it's possible they will. I mean after the SUTA of nuclear proportions last night it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Phillip: I really didn't much like this one. Nope, not at all. It's not his best, by far. Certainly not even close to his performance of Still Rainin' (which still has me going me into fits of SQUWEEE! when I hear it). I have a bad feeling that since his good buddy Heejun was booted off on the results show right after that particular performance, Phillip's just not been feelin it there in the competition. It's kinda like his sunshine is gone and he's just going through the motions. These last 2 performances definitely feel phoned in, that's for sure. I hope he gets out of this funk because he's got a real shot at this. His odds have slipped a bit in Vegas. The Chart rates him with a 1-5/GREEN/B3, 2nd place listing. He can send his thank you letter to the fine folks at VFTW who are determined to get another WGWG winner and really screw over the Idol Machine. Although listed fairly high on the Chart, we can't ignore that it neither was his best nor that B3 that's hanging out in the green dot. The Maps gave him a generous 5 state win. Maybe that's where the bulk of the Worsters live? A visit to the B3 will give him the kick in the khakis he needs to decide whether he wants to be here in the show or not.
So who makes a trip to the Stools of Shame?
According to the Poll on Rickey.org : Hollie (with 52.31% of the vote), Elise, and a tie between Skylar and Joshua with Hollie leaving.
Chart: Elise, Colton, Jessica and Hollie (all are in the yellow and the latter 2 are pretty close in rating) with Elise in LAST place.
Maps: Colton, Elise and Skylar. Colton had the least amount of states with a 1, while Skylar and Elise squeaked out 2 states each (although Elsie lost states). All the other kids had 4 states or better.
Odds: Hollie, Elise, and either Joshua or Skylar. Hollie's got the worst odds of the bunch (although DeAndre sat just fine for a few weeks with the worst numbers). These numbers all reflect Rickey's poll.
Personal opinion:
Who should be: Phillip, Hollie and Colton with Hollie gone.
Who won't surprise me: Elise, Hollie and Colton with Hollie gone.
Could be any of the others for the reasons stated.
Will they use the save? Only if it's Joshua, Jessica or possibly Phillip. Maybe even Elise. But for anyone else, nah.
Reminder that this week is typically a Shocker vote. Rickey's already spazzing out about this. So... it's going to be an interesting night.
No comments:
Post a Comment