Elton Week
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Week
For several season now, a good many of us have been wondering what the purpose of this silly show was. I mean, several of the contestants (non-winners) have gone on to do just fine without that contract. Two names that come to mind are Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry. They proved that you really don't need to win this. Hell, you don't even need to make it to the finale! However, all of them had to wait until AFTER the show was complete and the tour was nearing end before any signing of contracts was even considered. At least, that's how I understood it to was to be. I'm not certain what changed to make this year different. Is it possible that Mr. Cowell was the one that made that particular rule? Or is this year different because we actually have some talent on the stage and people simply cannot wait to work with them ? All I know is that in this particular case the tears weren't even fully dry before the pen went to the paper. Anyone have any thoughts on why this year really is so different and why the rules, as we understood them, we broken/bent/twisted to accommodate Wallpaper with a good voice?
No comments:
Post a Comment